Saturday, January 17, 2009

Munich - Day 2


I joined my sailor friends on a day trip to Neuschwanstein Castle. It was apparently the inspiration for Disney's Sleeping Beauty castle. I have much better pictures, but due to some limitations with my hotel wi-fi connection I can only post what I have on my iPhone. It was a perfect day for this trip; the sky was clear, it wasn't too cold and the views from the mountains were spectacular. King Ludwig II might have been somewhat crazy, but he sure knew how to build a castle. Tomorrow morning I leave on an early train for Vienna. Once again I have no particular plan, but I'm sure something will work out.

2 comments:

temporario said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
grantbob said...

I remember Neuschwanstein being as amazingly ornate as Versailles. I was in 10th grade maybe and expected a castle with dungeons and a moat. It was kind of a let-down at the time. We did visit an older castle somewhere else later on that trip. It had a moat and was much more rustic. That kind of made up for it.